Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mesa Grill : Blue and Yellow Corn Muffins

I tried to cook Mesa Grills blue and yellow corn muffins and I have to say they tasted pretty good. The recipe is pretty painful to follow, although I have to admit that the recipe itself says you can speed it up if you only use blue corn, which I tried for the second batch and it is indeed quicker.

They taste pretty good although my ones certainly do better with some butter and so I used some toasted pecan and honey butter. A recipe I ad-libbed from the same Mesa Grill cook book ( the actual recipe is toasted pecan and maple syrup butter ).

I would humbly suggest only doing the blue corn batter and perhaps double the measure of sweetcorn -- I liked the sweetcorn in the muffins and originally I thought there were too few... ( because of course the measure is divided into 12 when you make the muffins ).

I just now found a link to roughly the correct recipe...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/blue-corn-muffins-recipe/index.html

No comments: