Saturday, December 8, 2007

Le Broken Clock Parts 1 and 2

Shameless plagiarism of one of my favorite blogs -- Josh Friedman at "I find your lack of faith disturbing." Although his malady was much more serious then mine.

I hurt my ankle last week, hurt it badly enough that I had to limp to the doctors and get it X-rayed. Fortunately the ankle wasn't broken, merely serious soft tissue damage, 1-3 weeks recovery time.

Of course being a complete Muppet I started to get quite cavalier about the limping as the week wore on and finally on Sunday night while leaving a party I didn't notice a step and screwed it again.

Needless to say I'm now limping about with a brace and regularly icing the thing. What a pain in the ankle!

2 comments:

Meghan A said...

I must say, it is quite amusing, me-7 months pregnant-helping you hobble around. We must be quite the sight! In 11 weeks, you must be completely healed, though, so no more messing around! We have a few rules in this family: 1) Daddy can't get fired, 2) Daddy can't go to jail, 3) Daddy mustn't be injured when the baby arrives.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of the injury and potential additional injuries should (3) fail to be adeared to. I've had a horrible horrible cold for three weeks and can see Bex writing the same note but with 'In 4 weeks...'.

S & R